Monday 25 March 2013

18mm Spanish - Day Three

Ok, so - a close call. I had a worrying moment (well few hours) where I thought I'm already screwing this up. Yesterday I said I'd blocked in the collars, cuffs, lapels and turnbacks red on some figures. I then realised that all Spanish line regiments had white turnbacks (some were piped red) so that is an error. There were a couple of line regiments at Tamames that had red facings but neither of them had red collars - but then the Betanzos Regiment (24 figures, 2nd Line) came to my rescue. The Betanzos Regiment was a Provincial Militia unit which had the red collars and turnbacks. Of course, figuring this out took me quite awhile - the penalty for just piling in.

So no progress to speak of on Sunday (Day Two) - an hour or so painting soldiers red. And today even less progress - about half an hour of the same. 18 figures now done to this stage. This is really a bit useless as I'll need to paint a further six figures just to hit the 24 I need to complete the battalion. Still - managing to spend even half an hour on three successive days is a lot more painting than I've done in the last six months.

I'm also conscious I haven't posted any work in progress pictures but my camera seems to be temperamental  today. So here is a pic from (I think) the Aspern Essling game at Salute 2012 - 18mm (mostly AB / BH) Austrians and French put on by Dave Brown and the Loughton Strike Force.


No posts tomorrow I'm afraid as I have to attend a sales and marketing meeting (despite my working in finance). As it is also a young colleagues 30th birthday I suspect the evening will get rather messy and I will spend Wednesday with a headache - hopefully I'll have recovered by the time I get home and will be able to do a bit more. On the other hand we'll be trying some cracking Burgundies during the day so that should be good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Malcolm! Good to see you bloggin again. Are you going to Salute? If so, you can help me celebrate my 40th and get another sore head!!

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Giles,
      I want to go - but my sister has announced that she can be in the UK that weekend and wants us to go to Scotland to see my Uncle who isn't too well. I've asked if it's possible to delay her trip a week and I'm waiting for a response.

      I'll definitely sort you out a bottle or two from the cellar either way - unlike my book and lead piles my personal wine lake isn't growing by leaps and bounds, but I do have access to some nice stuff!

      Malc

      Delete